In light of all the news concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to share with you that our leadership is responding with the utmost care and concern for all who attend, serve and worship at Rock Springs. We are carefully monitoring the situation daily and will share any updates as they develop.
Here are some of the actions we are taking to provide a safe and clean facility for our church family.
- We will sanitize highly touched surfaces such as door handles, handrails, water fountains, flat surfaces, check-in stations, and welcome centers before and after our services.
- Our Nursery, Preschool, and Children’s Ministries will sanitize all tables, countertops, and toys before and after each class. This will offer a clean room for every class.
- Our staff and volunteers will wash their hands frequently with soap and water.
- If our staff or volunteers are sick, we are asking that they stay at home.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the campus for everyone to use.
- We will keep all soap dispensers well-stocked in our restrooms.
- We will sanitize all highly touched surfaces in our Youth, College, and Adult Bible Fellowship classrooms.
- The Impact Center is following the same guidelines for sanitizing highly touched surfaces in both our café and fitness areas.
During this time, we are asking you to help stop the spread of the virus in the following ways:
- Stay at home when you or a family member are sick and join our services online as they are streamed live from our website, www.rockspringsbaptist.com. and our Facebook page.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds frequently.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or your arm.
- Get in the habit of not touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Forgo shaking hands at church and greet one another with a wave and a friendly smile.
While we cannot control the virus or its impact on our area, it is important to remember that God has called us to live by faith and not in fear.
II Timothy 1:7 reminds us, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” During this time let us look for opportunities to share our faith in Jesus and share His love with others.